Seeing everyone’s posts about ISFLC made me glad that I didn’t go this year. I’m really sick of so-called “libertarians,” and it’s brought me to the point where I’m ready to ditch my association with the label altogether.
From what I heard, a poignant criticism of libertarians came from the vile Ann Coulter (of all people) that we only care about gays and drugs, and that seems to be accurate. Or at least libertarians are more tolerant of differences of opinion regarding dead and mangled innocent people than about gays getting state-granted marriage licenses. Nice priorities there.
And I suppose it would make me a lame “paleolibertarian” to suggest that perhaps libertarians would be more credible on drug legalization if they weren’t snorting coke in their hotel rooms between sessions at ISFLC. It’s one thing to advocate legalization on the basis of libertarian principle, but it’s something else entirely to advocate it because you yourself want to shoot up (and anyone who thinks there’s anything wrong with that is a judgmental prude, obviously).
Washington DC: the place where libertarians will befriend you if you advocate mass murder by drone, but they’ll burn you at the stake if you don’t devote all your free time to championing gay causes.
25 Notes/ Hide
- thecheekylibertarian said: Well, I don’t even drink and I wish you would’ve come.
- thecheekylibertarian likes this
- fwiffo likes this
- statehate likes this
- ramblings-of-me likes this
- asuperfluousman said: Y so sad, baby?
- libertyfan93 likes this
- librarienne said: Perhaps I avoided such behavior here. I found far more people who are interested in issues like U.S. drone strikes rather than personal drug freedom, so this criticism is foreign to my personal experience with new people and the sessions I have attended.
- brittanydarby likes this
- graceinmyheart likes this
- kiwi-chi likes this
- hvckers likes this
- brazoscole reblogged this from statehate and added:
- politicss likes this
- astraltravelbattles likes this
- xsinclair reblogged this from statehate and added:
- sonderklass likes this
- theanarchocapitalist said: Just seems like the whole thing is a great big circle jerk. “Let’s all pat ourselves on the back for our intellectual inconsistencies and continue to homogenize and package libertarianism! Woo!” I stopped calling myself a libertarian awhile ago.
- conza said: Is that what actually happens at ISFLC though? I wouldn’t write off the movement entirely if that’s true. As for labels; I’m very more towards “praxeology” as opposed to “austrian school” & private law, voluntarist as opposed to libertarian.
- cyderpunk likes this
- bitchbetterhavemyhunny reblogged this from statehate
- theanarchocapitalist likes this
- statehate posted this